The Indian Statistical Institute (ISI) has invited applications from Indian Nationals for direct recruitment against the vacant positions of the administrative officer and accounts officer.
For the administrative officer's post, the candidate needs to have a good Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with a diploma in management or equivalent professional qualification.
An experience of at least 5 years in supervisory level in the Pay Level 7 or above in government, public sector undertakings, autonomous organisations, reputed academic/research institutions is also required.
Thorough knowledge of government rules and regulations is essential. Familiarity with the use of computer in the administration would be considered as an added qualification is a must.
The candidate should preferably be below the age of 40 and the person would initially be stationed at ISI North East Centre in Tezpur, Assam.
However, the candidate is liable to be transferred to ISI headquarters or any of the outlying centres/units/branch of the institute.
For the accounts officer's post, the candidate preferably needs to have a good bachelor’s degree with ACA/AICWA/MBA(F) or commerce graduate with SOGE.
The candidate further needs to have at least 5 years of experience in supervisory position in the Pay Level 7 or above in government, public sector undertakings, autonomous organisations, reputed academic/research Institutions.
Thorough knowledge of government rules and regulations is essential. Familiarity with the use of computers in accounts would be considered as an added qualification.
The candidate should preferably below 40 years and he/she would be posted at ISI headquarters in Kolkata or any of the outlying centres/units/branch of the institute.
Age Relaxation: Upper age limit is relaxable by 5 years for candidates belonging to SC/ST in respect to posts reserved for them.
Relaxation of age for serving employees (both external and internal) shall be as per government directives.
1. Interested candidates must apply only through the prescribed application format available on the institute website.
2. Candidates who are employed in Government/Public Sector Undertakings/ Semi-Government should forward their applications through proper channel or bring No Objection Certificate from their employer if called for the written test/ skill test failing which they will not be allowed to appear for written test/ skill test
3. The upper age limit as specified in the advertisement will be reckoned as 01.01.2021
4. Self-attested photocopies of testimonials in respect of age (X/XII Std. certificate or Birth Certificate issued by the Registrar of Births and Deaths or Transfer/ School leaving/ Matriculation Certificate issued by the school last attended/recognized educational board), qualification, experience, Caste Certificate (for reserved categories only), Disability (40% or more) certificate must be submitted along with the duly filled in application form
5. Experience, wherever prescribed, means experience gained after acquiring the prescribed essential qualification. Experience certificate issued by the competent authority should clearly indicate the dates (from and to) stating the nature of the job performed by the applicant
6. Mere fulfilment of minimum qualification and experience required for a post does not entitle the candidate to be called for a written test /skill test. The Institute reserves the right to shortlist and restrict the number of candidates to be called for written test/skill test to a reasonable limit, on the basis of appropriate qualifications and experience. The number of vacant positions/posts are tentative and may vary as per the need of the Institute at the time of recruitment. The Institute reserves the right to fill or not to fill the posts mentioned above without assigning any reason
7. No correspondence will be entertained from the candidates regarding their test/ selection/appointment. Canvassing in any form will disqualify a candidate
8. The selected candidates will be governed by the rules and regulations of the Institute as amended from time to time
9. Candidates appointed will be governed by the National Pension Scheme introduced w.e.f. 01.01.2004
10. Reservation for SC/ST will be as per Government of India rules. The applicants should also be in possession of the certificates in the prescribed format in support of their claim
11. The e-mail ID and mobile number entered/written in the application form should remain valid/active until the final selection
12. One recent coloured photograph preferably with white background to be pasted in the blank space provided in the application format
13. Any subsequent amendments/modifications of this advertisement will be notified on the Institute’s website only. Candidates are advised to visit the site regularly
14. If any information furnished by the candidates is found false at any stage, his/her appointment will be cancelled
15. An application received in any format other than the one specified above and without the required Documents/Testimonials shall be liable to rejection
16. Any dispute with regard to the selection/recruitment process will be subject to Courts having jurisdiction over Kolkata
17. The last date of submission of the application is 30 days from the date of publication of this advertisement in the employment news
18. Applications received after the closing date will not be entertained. The Institute under any circumstances will NOT be responsible for any sort of postal delay/delivery
Interested candidates are requested to send their applications through Speed/Registered post only in the prescribed form complete in all respect and superscribing the name of the post on top of the envelope to the Chief Executive (A&F), Indian Statistical Institute (ISI), 203, BT Road, Kolkata-700 108.
The Story Mug, a Guwahati-based blogzine, believes in telling stories that matter.