Facebook on October 23, 2021, announced the roll-out of a new Page design, in India, that will make it simpler for public figures and creators to build community and achieve their business objectives.
Some of the new features that Facebook has included:
- Intuitive layout with a crisper look and feel, making it easy to navigate between a personal profile and a public Page. Viewing bios, posts and other important information will be simpler.
- A dedicated news feed to Pages for the first time will bring about new ways to engage by helping discovery and joining conversations. This will make it easy to follow trends, interact with peers and engage with fans. The dedicated News Feed will also suggest new connections such as other public figures, Pages, Groups and trending content that a Page or public figure cares about.
That apart, Page conversations will now be more visible to wider audiences and surface more frequently in the followers’ News Feed. Also, comments from public figures will be bumped to the top of the comments section. People will also be able to follow Pages directly from comments and recommendations posts.
- Easier navigation between personal profiles and Pages will be key to the new user experience
- A new text-based Q&A format is being introduced to support richer, interactive conversations
- Actionable insights and more relevant notifications: The new design will remove Likes and focus on Followers, thereby simplifying the way people connect with their favourite Pages. Followers of a Page can now receive updates from their favourite Pages. This will also enable public figures to get a better estimation of their fan base and build a stronger connection with them.
- Updated task-based admin controls will now make Page management more convenient, like the ability to clearly assign and manage admin access and allocate permissions based on specific tasks. Page admins can now be given full or varying levels of access to manage specific tasks including Insights, Ads, Content, and Community Activity & Messages. This will also ensure account safety and integrity.
- Improved safety and integrity features will now enhance the ability to detect activities like hate speech, violent, sexual or spammy content and impersonation, that is not allowed on the platform. Increased visibility of Verified Badges will make it easier to identify posts and comments from authentic Pages and profiles. A verified Page’s comment on another Page’s public post, may appear higher in the comments section and be visible in News Feed.
As the new changes are introduced, some of the key things that will not change include
- Existing content, posts and Page information
- Existing ads and campaigns
- Existing admin rights. Admins will get a notification as one switch to the new experience
Government, Political and Nonprofit organisations can read more about New Pages Experience here.
In order to help users, make the switch, Facebook has updated its help page that will take them through the details in an easily understandable and step by step manner.
ALSO READ | Cyber Criminals Target Adil Hussain, Threaten To Suspend Actor's Instagram Permanently